We are collecting food bank donations now until October 17th.
Did you know?
Food bank use in Saskatchewan
- Over 31,000 people are assisted by a food bank each month
- 45 per cent of those assisted by food banks are children
- Saskatchewan food bank usage has risen by over 17% from 2015
The Hawrylak FCC Food Bank drive begins on Sept. 24th, 2018
- Brown bags & envelopes
- Brown bags will be delivered to classrooms on Monday
- Items will be collected until Wednesday, October 17th
- All monetary ($) donations should be sealed in the envelopes provided, with the information completed on the front. Donations will be collected throughout each week.
- All brown bags can be taken to the shared learning area.
- Thanks for your support!
Most Needed Items:
- Pasta products and rice
- Canned meat and fish
- Dry and canned soups, stews
- Canned fruit and vegetables
- Breakfast cereal
- Peanut butter
- Canned or powdered milk
- Fruit juices
- Pasta sauce
- Beans and legumes
- Infant formula and baby food
"The FCC Drive Away Hunger tour brings much needed support to communities across the province through the commitment and enthusiasm of the FCC team and partners. This allows us to meet the needs of over 31,000 people each month. The food, funds and volunteer support generated make the continued work of food banks across the province possible. Even more impactful is the community awareness and engagement this amazing effort creates around hunger and food security issues. Thank you to FCC for their continued leadership in the fight against hunger locally, provincially and nationally." Steve Compton, CEO, Regina & District Food Bank