1. School Community Council Meeting will be held on Monday, January 8th, 2018 at 7:00 PM in the staff room.
2. Check out the new WS Hawrylak SCC Facebook page for updates regarding SCC activities, fundraising, and other events around the school.
Please continue to follow the monthly newsletter and main school page for important dates and information happening around the school.
3. Fun lunches on the following dates: Thursday, November 30th, 2017 (DQ), Thursday, March 8th, 2018 (Domino's Pizza & Booster Juice) and Friday, June 8th, 2018 (Quiznos & TCBY). The use of the website: https://www.healthyhunger.ca/ was a great success last year. As a result, the W. S. Hawrylak HSCC will continue to use this website for ordering and processing of all fun lunches. Cash payments will not be accepted for any fun lunch orders. Please go to https://www.healthyhunger.ca/ where you will be able to create an account, view all upcoming special lunches, place an order for all dates or just one at a time, and pay online. For families that already have an account, once you log in you will need to add your child(ren) and choose the correct classroom teacher prior to placing an order. Orders can be placed online until 5 days prior to the dates listed above as this is the cut-off that the website uses to close orders.
Reminder: Classroom supervisors: two parents per class (11:35 AM-12:30PM) are needed. If you would like to volunteer your time, please contact your child's teacher directly. Thank you from the HSCC special lunch committee.
4. The 10th Annual HSCC Adopt-A-School Program
*Adopt-A-School: Share the Warmth
WHEN: November 8-17th, 2017
WHAT: Please bring gently used warm clothing or blankets, which we will donate to a local community school whose students and families are in great need of these items. Any sizes of sweaters, jackets, hats, ski pants, gloves, etc. are all welcome! HOW: Place donations in boxes in Shared Learning Area (large hallway on main floor) before, during or after school. Our HLC students will stuff the PUP Container, which will be on the front lawn, with all the donations. __________________________________________________________________________________________
*Adopt-A-School: The Gift of Reading
WHEN: November 8-17th, 2017 WHAT: Please donate gently used books, and we will deliver to a different community school for them to take home and start their own ‘home library.’ HOW: Drop off in boxes in Shared Learning Area as the same times as listed above. __________________________________________________________________________________________
*Adopt-A-School: Holiday Cheer
WHEN: November 23rd -30th, 2017
WHAT: We partner with a third community school and provide a gift bag filled with a $15-20 gift, toiletries, and holiday treats to every child in their school. The children are very grateful for our generosity, and we’ve been told that for some students this may be the only holiday gift that they may receive.
The items we request for each gift are:
- $15-20 new unwrapped gift: please send something that would be age appropriate for your own child
- large gift bag (ideally about 18”x18” or larger)
- toothbrush and toothpaste
- mini-mitts/gloves and hats/toques
- body wash/shampoo
- nut-free holiday treats (candies, chocolate, etc.)
--- the dollar store is a great place to find many of these items!
*Any donation large or small is greatly appreciated. We hope this Adopt-A-School program not only helps the recipient schools but also teaches our Hawrylak kids about kindness, generosity, and gratitude.
*If you would prefer not to shop, we also gratefully accept cash donations and we will do the shopping for you. Cash or cheques made out to Hawrylak SCC.
*Sorting and wrapping these gifts is a huge (but also very fun and rewarding!) job that requires many volunteers. We will be doing this on December 4 and 5th at the school. Please sign up at the sign up genius link on the school webpage if you are able to help: http://www.signupgenius.com/go/30e0d44aeac2ba1fc1-adopt1
Thank you for your generosity and for keeping this important tradition alive. Let’s make this 10th annual Adopt-A-School our best yet!!